Stranahan’s Colorado Whiskey’s Caribbean Rum Cask has officially launched. The Caribbean Rum Cask is an American single malt crafted from five-year-old barrels and finished in Caribbean rum casks that enliven the liquid.
Like all Stranahan’s expressions, the Caribbean Rum Cask is distilled from 100% malted barley and handmade in small batches at the Stranahan’s distillery, Colorado’s first legal distillery since Prohibition. The Caribbean Rum Cask is cut to proof with pristine Rocky Mountain water from Eldorado Springs and chill filtered.
Owen Martin, head distiller at Stranahan’s, said of the new release, “The Caribbean Rum Cask is the latest in our series of Distillery Exclusives that showcase our ongoing innovation within the growing American single malt category. Up to three years of aging in Caribbean rum barrels results in a whiskey that bursts with lively, tropical flavor.”
The Caribbean Rum Cask retails for $69.99 for a 750ml bottle and is exclusively available at the Denver distillery. The highly complex flavor profile consists of notes of:
NOSE: Dried apricot and crème brûlée
PALETTE: Bright tropical fruit notes against a brown sugar backdrop
FINISH: Darker candied fruit and butterscotch
- Distillation: Distilled from 100% malted barley and handmade in small batches at the Stranahan’s distillery, Colorado’s first legal distillery since Prohibition.
- Maturation: A marriage of 5 to 9-year-old Stranahan’s Single Malt Whiskey, aged in virgin American Oak Barrels with #3 char.
- Finish: After an initial maturation, our whiskey is transferred into Caribbean rum barrels, where the liquid is finished for up to 3 years. This unique cask finish enlivens the liquid and adds a new, layered flavor profile to the final product.
- Cut: Cut to proof with pristine Rocky Mountain water from Eldorado Springs and chill filtered.
- Proof: Stranahan’s Rum Cask is bottled at 90 proof (45% ABV)
- MSRP: $69.99 for a 750ml bottle.