Demand for RTD cocktails has continued to grow. As the category leader in both prepared cocktails and tequila, Jose Cuervo is excited to enter the ever-evolving hard seltzer category with the launch of Jose Cuervo Playamar Tequila Hard Seltzer, available now.
Playamar Tequila Hard Seltzer launches with two classic flavors of tequila-based cocktails: Lime, a bubbly take on the traditional margarita, and Grapefruit, a sparkling mimic of the Paloma. Playamar has the light tequila taste that fans love, without the tequila bite – and is being rolled out regionally with plans to expand nationally in 2021. The two delicious flavors that complement the sweet agave notes of legendary Jose Cuervo tequila.
- Each can of Playamar contains only 90 calories, all-natural flavors and is 4.5% ABV.
- Compared to other tequila seltzer brands, Playamar offers drinkers a healthier hard seltzer option that’s gluten-free and has less calories per can (90 calories per 12 oz. can).
- Jose Cuervo Playamar contains 0 g sugar and 0 g carbs, and it is gluten-free.
- Playamar is a natural fit for the Jose Cuervo portfolio, where the brand already occupies 35% of the prepared cocktail market share, making Jose Cuervo the leading prepared cocktail brand.
- Jose Cuervo almost doubled RTD and prepared cocktails business over the second quarter, and expects additional growth with Playamar – driven by seltzer consumers’ high familiarity with the quality that Jose Cuervo delivers via other prepared cocktail drinks.
Playamar is available now regionally. Consumers can expect to find Playamar at their local retailers as it rolls out nationally with additional great flavors throughout 2021.