This fall, Armand de Brignac Champagne will be introducing two new varietals to their collection of luxury Champagne, Armand de Brignac Blanc de Noirs and Armand de Brignac Demi Sec. These two new products join the award-winning collection of Armand de Brignac, which is handcrafted using time honored traditions. The artisanal production process is overseen by a select group of eight people exclusively dedicated to creating the three signature cuveés of Armand de Brignac and was established by the Cattier family, whose elite Champagne house has a rich and storied history of over 250 years.
Armand de Brignac Blanc de Noirs is made with 100% Pinot Noir grapes. After releasing their flagship cuvee, Brut Gold, the Cattier family and winemakers decided there was an opportunity to deliver the ultimate statement of their winemaking expertise and style. Blanc de Noir is exceptionally refined, and its food pairing versatility make it an unusually special experience for fine food connoisseurs.
* The color is white gold, with a complex and expressive nose. Aromas of black blackberries (Cassis, prune), violet, and sweet spices.
* The mouth is powerful and structured, with notes of red fruits (fresh, compote and crystallized). The final taste is fresh, with some notes of mint and slight tannins.
* A perfect accompaniment to many foods, especially powerful or spicy dishes, game, beef, duck, cheese, and caviar.
Armand de Brignac Demi Sec is an incredibly elegant expression of Demi Sec, blended with 40% Pinot Noir, 20% Pinot Meunier, and 40% Chardonnay grapes. While many in the wine industry disregard Demi Sec, the Cattier family wanted to prove that the varietal could be exceptional—and with the release of Armand de Brignac Demi Sec, they have succeeded. As to avoid heavy sweetness, the winemakers focused on keeping the dosage low, with the final dosage 34 gr/L, and used the oldest Armand wines available in the cellars.
* On the nose, Demi Sec is fresh and generous, it first reminds of English toffee and grapefruit, then evolves towards fruit compotes, soft caramel, quince paste and subtle brioche aromas.
* Generous on the palate with accents of black fruit (blueberries and blackcurrant), candied nectarines, black aniseed candy and milk chocolate. The finish brings sweet spice flavors such as cinnamon.
* This sophisticated Champagne is ideal to accompany a dessert, or for the more adventurous, spicy Asian dishes.
Armand de Brignac Blanc de Noir (SRP: $759.99) and Armand de Brignac Demi Sec (SRP: $359.99) will be available for purchase beginning in the fall, though pre-ordering has begun.