WalletHub, a destination Web site for tools and information small business owners need to make better financial decisions and save money, has released its annual St. Patrick’s Day By The Numbers report as a follow up to its recent look at the Best & Worst Cities to Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in 2016.
This report highlights the green germane to this costly celebration — from the $4.4 billion that we’ll spend on St. Paddy’s Day 2016 to the $1.2 million market value of a pot of gold.
Other highlights include:
• $35.4: Average amount each St. Patrick’s partier will spend.
• 13M: Pints of Guinness will be consumed worldwide on St. Patrick’s Day.
• 70%: Increase in cabbage shipments during St. Patrick’s week.
• 266: Drunk-driving casualties on St. Patrick’s Day holiday period (2010 - 2014).
• $62,141: Median income for Irish-American households (vs. $53,657 for all households).
For the full report, visit http://wallethub.com/blog/st-patricks-day-statistics/10960/